Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting rid of all the hoses

Every time it was watering time, the hoses had to be
dragged around. It was work. Then they all had to
be put back.











So Pa got the bright idea to put a drip system in the
orchard. He hasn't thought about putting one in the
garden yet. Thats next.













He worked hard stringing plastic tubing around the
orchard and installing the drippers, shut-offs, and
extensions.












I don't know how he knew where
everything went .
Then came the test to see how many leaks
he had and if it would actually work.













IT WORKS! YAY!

6 comments:

  1. How the heck do you guys have so much energy? I got tired just looking at the pictures of Pa doing all that work. Maybe he could come do something like that in my yard. I have sprinklers squirting in all sorts of weird directions. Oh, if your plane goes down, how do I turn it on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at grandpa! He sure knows how to do EVERYTHING. I don't think there is one thing he doesn't know. Glad you have the energy to be outside looks like it's hot out in the orchard. Maybe you should plant some shade trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Dallin got a drip system for our garden and we love it! Although he tends to go a little water happy with it... We got the idea from my visiting teaching companion though. I'm glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work! It looks like it was a pretty big puzzle. Does it work right and water in all the right places?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It sound like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed by the projects you guys complete. I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete