Thursday, April 30, 2009

The dreaded dentist.

We both had the dreaded appointments with the dentist this a.m. All we needed was to have our teeth cleaned but it is still nerve racking waiting for him to hit that one sensitive spot in your mouth. Cleaning is sure a lot better now that he uses water instead of the old scraping method. Lucky us, no cavities or bad spots so we can relax until the next appointment in 6 months. We received our goodie bags with a new toothbrush, floss, and toothpaste and since it was noon, we set out to find a place to eat so we could stain our teeth again. There is a new Carl's Jr that opened a few days ago. It is the Green Burrito. I ordered a chicken burrito that turned out to be as big as a dinner plate and Emery ordered 3 small burritos that wouldn't even cover a saucer. He was a little disappointed that they were so little. Everything was really good, but now we need to go back to the dentist for another cleaning job to undo the lunch thing.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on not having any cavities thing. My dentist appointment was last week (on my birthday even) and am pleased to announce that I am like you... NO CAVITIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I HATE going to the dentist! Even with no cavities, they ALWAYS seem to hit that one spot that you didn't know hurt, and end up making it hurt for WEEKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to get to go do such fun things! Personally, I like the dentist. I can get happy gas and watch tv and turn on the massage on the chair. And, he puts lip gloss on my lips before he stretches my mouth ALL OUT OF SHAPE for two hours! No wonder my lower lip flaps clear to my knees by the time I get out of there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to eat lots n' lots n' lots of candy right before I go in for mine - I figure if I'm going in for a lube job might as well make it well worth the while! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go in on the 13th. I am sure they'll tell me that I need another $5,000 worth of work done. It never fails. My mouth is worth a lot of money. Too bad I can't cash in on it or take it into the pawn shop. Probably will next year to pay my taxes.

    ReplyDelete