Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wendy's chili

A friend at McDonald's gave us a recipe for Wendy's chili. You can buy a pretty good size portion for a dollar. We went shopping for the ingredients and I spent yesterday afternoon putting it all together and cooking it for several hours. I had to chop the tomatoes, chop the celery, chop the onions, open several cans and put it in the crockpot. Since that pot was too small I got a bigger one out. It filled right up to the top. I only spent $20 on all that chili that sells for a $1 but I had enough to feed an army. We will be eating chili every day for a week.

7 comments:

  1. I thought you guys were retired? Sounds like you worked hard doin' all that choppin. With that big of a pot of chili, you better keep the windows open!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like hard work opening all those cans and chopping. At least you get a great reward in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... Are you going to post the recipe so we can all have gas at the same time? I guess the real question is... Was it good? And did it taste like Wendy's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Good job on getting your picture up! Did you do that all by yourself? Sorry I didn't call tonight. I had to work late. I'll call you tomorrow to see if you need any more help. Looks like you've got it down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it bad to say I'm glad we came (and left) when we did??? Not that we don't love you guys but....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, where's Pa's picture? Ain't he a part of this too? You must have cropped him right out of the picture. Way to go on getting the picture on there. Now, let's see you get my picture on there! Kinda' fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you eat and digest all that chili before heading our way next week. Was it worth all the work?

    ReplyDelete