Thursday, May 7, 2009

A day well spent or a day wasted?

We left home this morning and headed to McDonalds at 9 a.m. We had our usual uneventful breakfast except the manager wanted us to buy a $150. ticket for a $2,000,000 home raffle. I couldn't pay the taxes on that kind of place so we passed on the opportunity. (a day wasted)

We had some nearly bald tires on the truck so we headed to Sam's to buy 3 new ones. Almost had a cardiac arrest when we got the bill. A few years ago I could have bought the whole tire department for that much. (a day wasted)

Our diesel was almost gone. We haven't filled the tank since we went to Death Valley in February. The service station wanted 50 cents to use my ATM card. The cheapskate that I am I ignored that request and swiped my card. No 50 cent charge was on the receipt. (a day wasted)

Pa needed some fence posts for the tomatoes so over to Lowe's. (a day wasted)

By this time waiting around all these stores was making us hungry. A few days ago, we got an email telling us to download a coupon for an UNKFC grilled dinner. Pa thought it was a joke and didn't want to go, but since I am a cheapskate, we took our coupons. We each got 2 pieces of grilled chicken, a biscuit, cole slaw, and gravy and potatoes. It was better than their usual chicken so I think that will be what we order the next time we want chicken. Sometimes it pays to be a cheapskate. ( a day well spent)

Looking back on the day, we ate breakfast, missed a chance on a $2,000,000 home, bought tires, filled the fuel tank, bought fence posts and had a fantastic free lunch so I will have to rate the day as well spent. The lunch was very good.

6 comments:

  1. Do you find it interesting that Kentucky Fried Chicken is now serving grilled chicken? I'm just sayin'.

    Glad to here that you had a least a little bit of productivity today. That is always good right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat free lunch! We heard about the same thing...except it expired last night. Hmm should have tried it I guess. Sounds like it was an eventful day for you. So many things to do and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys got a lot accomplished. You sure the ATM deal wasn't some kind of a trick? They'll figure out some way to getcha on that 50 cents! I like free lunches. I wish someone would have sent me that email. And, tires? Well, you gotta have 'em. Otherwise you're walkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to rate the day: several days wasted. The way I figure, it probably took you several days worth of income to even PAY for today! I'll have to try the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm feeling guilty for asking you to bring the tiller. That's why you needed new tires. I probably could of bought my own for the amount you spent. Sorry. Can't wait to see this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice that you now have a blog that I can comment on. I always love reading your comments on our blog!

    We too printed out the KFC coupon, but have yet to use it.

    At least your day spent running errands was a day you spent with someone you love :).

    ReplyDelete