Saturday, May 2, 2009

Look at our lovely garden.


For two weeks in a row the irrigation ditch water has gone over the top of the levee and flooded our garden area and yard. This weekend the rain ruined any plans of working up the ground. Guess we will have tomatoes and nothing else. At least they are growing out the top of the walls of water. Everytime it gets almost dry enough to do something it gets wet again. I have my mouth all set for cantaloupe, cucumbers, and corn. Oh well, maybe next week!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Maybe you can pick some worms or something! I like the tomato jugs. I don't think I've seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we can share our peas with you. It either rains or snows and we, too, can't get out there to do any gardening. But, I can get a good harvest out of the thistles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am worried we won't get in any garden at all. Seems like the weeds like us too much. I have been trying to get a handle on them but everytime I turn around there are more. I just wish it would be about 10 degrees warmer so I could enjoy my time spent outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to plant a little garden but I think that may be too ambitious for me. My rose bush has just started blooming and I'm actually getting peaches on my peach tree. I don't want to jinx it by getting too cocky and thinking I can take on a whole garden. lol. Let's just say I don't have what you would call a "green thumb."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to see your tomatoes are growing above the canisters. When we were there last weekend they weren't that big. I think this week I will finally get to my "clean up the garden plot" project. Good job on what you have planted already. I am anxious to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete